So I write this to you today from a simple facebook post I read. This realtor was venting on how she showed up with her clients to a million dollar home to meet with listing agent. To her surprise, she showed up not looking her best in her yoga outfit and not the best first impression you want to give on a sale of that caliber.
If you were the home buyer, would you be sold on handing over a million dollars to someone who didn’t even take the time to be presentable to do a business transaction? Would you allow a doctor to operate on you in his gym attire? Or would you allow a Chef cook your dinner after playing football? The bottom line is that you have to dress the part because perception is everything. Whatever industry you are in that consumer is looking to buy you before the product or service you are selling.
Here are other reasons why you should dress for sucess:
1. Better mood! Being more positive, friendly, and polite are all traits that have shown to be impacted by dressing better.
2. More authority. People who are dressed better are viewed as being natural leaders.
3. Be prepared, You never know who you’re going to meet! When you’re dressed professionally you’re always ready to meet people with confidence.
4. Look smart. Those that are dressed well are perceived to be smarter and more successful.
5. Competitive advantage. Are your competitors dressing well?
So within good reason was this realtor in her right to be upset. That first impression can seal the deal or be the deal breaker! From now on remember to look your best not only because you will feel better but because it will be the secret to your success!